Tuesday 14 February 2012

Hot hot hot

I'll admit it. I am a Twilight fan. But only if we're talking about Edward, not the childish, chiselled Jacob. Bella is one of my favourite female characters of late. I find her strong, likeable, flawed and I love how clumsy she is. But I digress.

I'm watching Twilight and there's a part coming up, where Edward and Bella are in her bedroom and they kiss and it gets heated and Edward forces himself off her. I find it deeply stirring... like my womb contracts. Apologies if that's TMI!

But as a film fan, it made me think about some of my other favourite shmexy (copyright @motherventing & @sahdandproud- sorry don't know who used it first) movie scenes.

Am I alone or are there movie couplings that raise your temperature?

The Big Easy
Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin- he's the slightly louche Southern detective and she's the "cold", uptight lawyer that almost melts under his touch, as his hand slips slowly up her leg.

Last of the Mohicans
Under siege by the French, due to be hanged and likely to both die on the 'morrow, Daniel Day Lewis and Madelaine Stowe see each other across the open fire and sneak off to the battlements. Skirts are raised.

The Bourne Identiy
Matt Damon has just cut, dyed and washed Franke Potente's hair. She won't let him leave the bathroom... you can almost see him trying to decide whether to let her in. And then takes his shirt off.

A History of Violence
Gosh. Viggo Mortensen. Renaissance man, poetry writer and deep thinker. And before his true background floats to the surface, he gets jiggy with his wife in a way that made me draw breath sharply.

Grosse Point Blank
As if the film wasn't cool enough with a kick ass soundtrack to match our hero's general unexpected kickassness, the highschool reunion sees the question "what would it have been like" answered.

I think I may follow this with one on "characters who should have totally got it together but didn't".




No comments:

Post a Comment