Monday 13 February 2012

Mugathon

It's been a week of firsts and now to finish it off in style, my first Listography. Thanks to Katetakes5 for this one

http://katetakes5.blogspot.com/2012/02/listography-mugs.html

I'm calling this my "Top 5 mugs that I haven't broken yet" because the attrition rate on crockery is pretty high in this household. Usually down to emptying dishwasher with wet hands.


1. I don't normally go in for labels, but this one fits pretty well.


2. Cath Kidston. I only bought one and hid it for a week or so. Because it was a little more expensive than I would normally risk. Given my tendancy to drop things.


3. I went for coffee with a friend to a local garden centre. I wasn't going to buy anything, but this mug stopped me in my tracks. Dunoon, beautiful thin china (perfect for tea) and I love hearts. Simples.


4. I often start the day with a cup of Twinings Morning Detox tea. Lemony and bright and too delicate for a heavy mug. This was a random eBay purchase. I love these blue and white designs.


5. I had longed for a "proper" tea set for quite some time. And once I felt the children were old enough not to pose an unacceptable risk (although TBH I'm probably still more of a danger than them) my search began. And I chanced upon this beautiful pink rose tea set. What's more it was complete- 6 cups, saucers and side plates plus teapot, milk jug, sugar bowl and sandwich plate. And it was only TWENTY QUID. I feel like it was destined to be mine. And although not strictly a mug, it beautifies and uplifts me to drink from it.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your choices. Especially the cup and saucer set it is oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a totally fabulous "come over for tea and cake" set. All I need now is a matching 3 tier cake stand and my life will be complete. Well almost.

    When I'm feeling a bit "Downton" I even use loose leaf tea and a tea strainer. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mugs and have far too many. I love the top one and my hub bought me the yummy mummy version after I had my daughter. I now need the slummy mummy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hearts or the willow pattern, I can't decide. Oh sorry, I thought I was invited for tea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you'll just have to stay long enough for two cups. The kettle is often on and my door is always open. Just don't mind me yelling the kids to SHUT IT behind them.

      Delete
  5. Love them all and I can't believe I haven't got a slummy mummy one yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was agonising. I had to cut some truly special mugs. And judging by all the other entries I won't run out of mug inspiration for some time.

    ReplyDelete